Let's talk first about making the right choice for your deck...
Start with a BBQ grill, and a comfy chair, maybe an umbrella and a cold drink...But, before you get ready to walk out onto your deck, let's build it!
There are several factors to consider when pondering your choice.
In order to make the right choice, we'll need to answer those questions first.
- How often will you use your deck?
- Daily or occasionally?
- For entertaining purposes only
- Who will perform the maintenance? You or a hired company/painter/handyman?
- Will your deck receive a lot of sun or might it be in a shady area?
- Does the financil expense correlate to the lehgth of time you plan on being in your home?
Some decision-making help:
- Treated lumber and Cedar are the least costly materials, initially
- Composite materials and PVC can increase the price by approximately +/- 30-40%
- Staining should be done at the time of installation and then every 2 years. After that, the deck should be stripped, sanded and stained every 6 years.
- Composite materials may alleviate those 'barefoot' splinters that 'real' wood can cause.
Factoring that into the cost of "real" wood versus lumber levels the playing field.
So, you see, there are many decisions to make and questions to ask. We're here to help you make the right decisions at G&L and Sons Renovations...and we'd like to bring your dreams of a custom deck to reality.
Here's some more information on our custom northern NJ deck service.
Ready to design your deck? We are!