Considering a home renovation project?
Starting a home renovation project can be daunting.
Grab a pen and paper, here are a few thoughts before you start.
1. Visit sites like Houzz.com for ideas. It's today's way of thumbing through design magazines.
2. Start a 'wish box' printing photos of design features that appeal to you.
3. Think about colors. How will the palette work with your current home design?
4. Ask friends, relatives and colleagues for references. Sometimes a good (or bad) reference can save you time, effort and headaches.
5. Schedule an initial consultaion. Often you can get a sense about the company, how they interact, how accommodating they are and whether you can work with them successfully or not.
6. Ask for references and be sure to follow up on them.
7. Visit the contractors website. It should convey the same personality as the company owners.
8. Don't be afraid to ask for design help. Unless your extremely savvy, and many folks have talents in other areas, you don't want to guess on what a design might look like. Professionals are happy to work with you.
9. Gather samples of paint colors, flooring, fabrics, and put them all together. Study the look and feel of the room you're creating. Make your mistakes on paper.
10. Ask for a professional proposal detailing the project, timeline, and associated costs.
A home renovation can be very costly, but well worth the expense. The comforts of your home envelop you in a calm, wonderful place in which you can live, work and enjoy your family.
Live in our service area? We'd love to hear from you!